Northern Italy Immersion 2
September 27–October 5, 2024
Tour Operator: Orbridge
From $5,499 per person, double occupancy
Optional Cinque Terre Pre Tour starting at $2,599
Optional Venice Post Tour starting at $2,599
From art-packed museums and mosaic-filled cathedrals to Roman ruins and scenic hill towns, Northern Italy's riches are plentiful, wide-ranging, and ripe for discovery. Embark on a cultural and gastronomic adventure with this signature journey where days are dedicated to the joy and art of good food and exploration, and evenings are for quiet relaxation at guestrooms in the country.
- With your small group (maximum 20 guests), enjoy seven nights accommodations at a historic country farmhouse amidst a wine and olive oil-producing estate.
- Join intimate cooking classes with locals who share their families’ histories and favorite recipes.
- Take in the area’s layered history, with visits to Verona’s 2,000-year-old Roman arena and the magnificent medieval Castelvecchio Bridge.
- In the famed Valeggio sul Mincio region, stroll along the river in the quaint village of Borghetto followed by lunch at a nearby family restaurant known for their tortellini and a visit to Parco Sigurta’ Giardino, one of Italy’s most beautiful parks.
- Visit Museo Nicolis - One of the most prestigious private collections in Italy and Europe, the Museum tells the story of 20th century technology and design. See some iconic Italian cars like the Alfa Romeo, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Fiat and Maserati.
- Admire the panoramic beauty at captivating Lago di Garda—Italy’s largest lake.
- Delight in a cheese-making demonstration and tasting in the heart of Lessinia, home to a delicious variety of Italian cheeses.
- See Palazzo Ducale di Mantova—a UNESCO World Heritage Site—which was the royal residence of the Gonzaga family from 1328 to 1707.
- Enjoy a special excursion near Modena for a tasting of aged balsamic vinegar during a convivial meal with the property’s owner and his family.
- Spend a relaxing afternoon in Sirmione with free time for an optional boat tour around Lago di Garda, featuring mesmerizing clear water and stunning mountain scenery.
- Explore Milan’s most significant historical landmarks, including UNESCO-listed monastery of Santa Maria delle Grazie, home to Leonardo Da Vinci’s iconic “The Last Supper.”
- Take a walk in the famous glass-domed Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II, considered one of the world’s oldest shopping malls. Visit to the famous Duomo di Milano, Italy's largest church and the centerpiece of Milan.
BOOK THIS TRIP
Reserve your spot online or contact an Orbridge representative at 866.639.0079.
September 27: Depart for Italy
September 28: Verona, Italy / Province of Brescia (Selva Capuzza)
September 29: Borghetto / Valeggio sul Mincio
September 30: Selva Capuzza
October 1: Verona / Desenzano del Garda
October 2: Modena / Manuta
October 3: Milan
October 4: Roncò / Soave / Sirmione
October 5: Verona / Depart for U.S.